Are you an innovative communicator who loves keeping pace with the latest digital trends and technologies? Do you know how to create engaging and accessible content for social media and the web? Montage Marketing Group wants you.
Montage is looking for a Social Media and Digital Content, Coordinator with a broad understanding of digital media and strong writing skills to join our growing team. Qualified candidates will have the experience and attention to detail needed to develop content across a variety of media and shape marketing campaigns for diverse clients and communities.
About the Role
Serving on a broader team of experienced communications and marketing professionals, the Social Media and Digital Content, Coordinator will be responsible for developing digital strategies and drafting content for government, private, and public sector clients. This role includes, but is not limited to, shaping campaign strategies and optimal media mix; creating written and related visual content for websites, blogs, social media, and other channels; producing landing pages, emails, forms, and automated workflows; providing copywriting support for other non-digital communications; and other project-related responsibilities. This is a full-time, exempt position working at Montage’s Bethesda, MD and McLean, VA offices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to write content and copy for a variety of digital and print media, including but not limited to, blog posts, newsletter articles, press releases, case studies, video scripts, content calendars, and social media posts.
- Understanding of digital marketing principles and best practices, specifically SEO and accessibility.
- Familiarity with digital marketing publishing and measurement tools, such as marketing automation, CRM, social scheduling and listening, website analytics.
- A keen interest in staying on top of the latest marketing trends and technologies.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
- Self-starter, inquisitive, creative, innovative, solution-oriented, and flexible.
- Confident decision-maker, independently or as part of a team. Ability to collaborate and obtain consensus on a range of work projects and assignments.
- Experience working on purpose-driven campaigns, programs, and initiatives in the public or private sector.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strategy Development – Contribute to communications and marketing strategies and project plans, bringing insight and recommendations specific to digital channels. Participate in brainstorming sessions and execute defined strategies.
- Content Creation – Write copy and advise on the design of content for an assortment of marketing and communications products, including social media posts, blog posts, webpages, emails, infographics, and more.
- Digital Delivery – Produce and provide quality checks on digital communications, including accompanying visuals where appropriate, in applicable platforms (Wordpress, SharpSpring, Loomly, Canva, etc.)
- Relationship Management – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels of leadership.
- 3+ years of experience writing and producing content for digital marketing channels, both organic and paid.
- 2+ years of experience supporting and conducting research, interviewing, writing, and editing short and long-form content, including employee profiles, press releases, blog posts, white papers, thought leadership articles, etc.
- DC metro area commuting distance required.
- Experience working in Wordpress, CRMs (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.) and social media management tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, Loomly, etc.)
- Practice sourcing, monitoring, analyzing, and presenting social media and web data and making recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to design social graphics and videos according to platform specifications and client style guidelines in Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to build and implement editorial calendars for multiple social and digital communications platforms.
- Avid interest in evolving and adapting to digital and social media trends, algorithm changes, and other factors that affect content performance.
- Understanding and practice of basic SEO principles for developing content for web and social.
- Understanding and experience applying accessibility best practices.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative ideas and solutions.
- Strong editor with the ability to spot errors and deliver the highest levels of quality control.
- Experience with creative development processes.
- Proven ability to identify strategic communication opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Focus on results and attention to detail.
- Collaborative attitude, a willingness to assist as needed.
- Experience using project management, internal time tracking, and expense management systems.
About Montage Marketing Group
Montage Marketing Group (Montage) is a marketing outreach, engagement, communications, and events agency based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
While we host all the capabilities of a full-service marketing agency, Montage focuses on crafting creative, customer-centered experiences and communications. Our campaigns inspire action and build relationships between our clients and their customers.
Montage invests its time in projects that make a meaningful difference in the world. Whatever our task – we believe in going above and beyond. It’s all part of our ethos, and it’s lived out every day in our team.
How to Apply
At Montage, we’re passionate about putting our talents, knowledge, interests, and experience to work every day. We want someone who wants to do more than punch a clock that pulls a paycheck. We want someone who is willing to do more in order to be more. Sound like you? Submit your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples today.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.