Are you a master with numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports? Do you know how to use financial software and problem-solve? Montage Marketing Group wants you.
Montage is looking for a Staff Accountant with a deep understanding of accounting principles to join our growing team. Qualified candidates will have the experience and attention to detail needed to manage our agency financials and associated platforms.
This is a full-time, exempt position working a hybrid schedule of home office and at Montage’s McLean, VA office.
The staff accountant must possess strong time management and analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Expert technology skills particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Expert numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, reconciliations and assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Maintain accounts payable documentation
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP